WaterColor Living in WaterColor: Real Estate, Amenities and Lifestyle
Welcome to WaterColor!
WaterColor is a coastal resort and residential community located on Northwest Florida’s Gulf Coast in Santa Rosa Beach. This carefully planned neighborhood sits on 499 acres situated between the Emerald Coast and Western Lake. This natural 220 acre coastal dune lake is a rare lake form that can only be found in a few places worldwide. WaterColor was specifically designed to highlight the beauty of its natural surroundings, while portraying the unique sense of simplicity and grace that is commonly associated with the South.
Why You Belong in WaterColor
WaterColor is an ideal neighborhood for families with children who love to explore, play, and learn. People who appreciate the beauty of nature will love witnessing the unspoiled beauty that is prevalent in the community.
- Tons of Activities for Children: One of the primary goals when the designers planned WaterColor was to create an environment that is fun and family friendly that full time residents and guests alike can enjoy. While various family-oriented events and activities are offered throughout the year, WaterColor also offers special opportunities designed just for kids. Children ages 3 to 12 are welcome to attend the community’s kids camp, Camp WaterColor. Every day is different at camp. Your kids will be exposed to a variety of activities, including arts, crafts, nature lessons, and adventures. Within the community, children are encouraged to play outdoors on the custom designed play set, the soccer field sized lawn, the swimming pool, and the water play area featuring pulsing geysers. With so many activities to participate in, it is easy to see why children love living in WaterColor.
- A Nature Lover’s Paradise: When you ask residents about what WaterColor has to offer, many of them will say that the best amenity is the beauty that Mother Nature provided. Rather than building lakefront homes directly bordering the lake as many neighborhoods do, WaterColor left the natural groves of pine and scrub oak groves surrounding Western Lake. In addition to creating a spectacular view, this helps to preserve the health and natural beauty of this rare coastal dune lake.
WaterColor Homes for Sale
In the WaterColor neighborhood, there is a mixture of homes available for purchase and resort rental properties. There are several smaller, distinct neighborhoods located within the larger WaterColor neighborhood to create more intimate small town communities. The homes in this community are typically two to three story homes with anywhere from 3 to 6 bedrooms. Homesites are also available in WaterColor.
The architecture in WaterColor is modeled after traditional Southern homes. The most iconic aspect of this inviting style is the wide, open porches built onto the house. Families enjoy using these porches for sitting outside and socializing.
You’ll Enjoy: High-End, Water Themed Activities and Amenities
Being situated directly between the Gulf of Mexico and Western Lake, your family will enjoy the many high-end, water related activities and amenities that WaterColor has to offer.
- Marina Park: On the shores of Western Lake, is Marina Park. Take a dip in the lakeside pool or visit the large natural amphitheater, where concerts, outdoor film festivals, and other special events are held. At the BoatHouse, you can rent a canoes, kayaks, paddleboards, and fishing equipment. Several docks are available for fishing and boating. Or you can rent bikes from the Bike Barn to explore the numerous trails that wind throughout the community.
- WaterColor Beach Club: On the WaterColor Beach Club’s balcony, you can witness one of the most spectacular views found anywhere of the Gulf of Mexico. Watch the waves at the beach while swimming in the large pool. When you get hungry, the Beach Club’s restaurant serves sandwiches, salads, cold appetizers, and a full beverage menu.
- InnSpa: Located just steps away from the Gulf’s white sand beaches, the InnSpa provides a tranquil setting to replenish and restore the body inside and out. Drawing inspiration directly from the sea itself, the indulgent, personalized treatments at the spa will leave you feeling comforted, relaxed, nurtured, and rejuvenated.
Buying a Home in WaterColor
Located south of Scenic Highway 30A, WaterColor is a charming, intimate small town that families with children and nature lovers will adore. This vibrant community provides a diverse collection of activities, amenities, and events for you to participate in. When it’s time to take a break so that you can enjoy the sense of relaxation that life at the beach provides, gather with your family and neighbors on your large porch, sipping lemonade as you watch the sunset over Western Lake.